I'm really trying to get back into healthy eating and although I'm quite happy to eat salads every night, I always ruin it by tucking into a big block of chocolate or a big bag of Haribo. I just can't help it! My biggest weakness is sugar!
Instead of just ruining my diet, I've been trying to find little sneaky ways to trick my body into thinking it's eating something sugary when actually it's quite healthy. Sounds quite a task? Well thanks to Pop Sugar I think I may have found a way!
A couple of weeks ago I came across a post about 15 healthy dessert recipes and the one that stood out to me was the low-calorie frozen yoghurt cupcakes. How nice does that sound? Of course I tried them as soon as I could and I thought I would pass on the love and share the recipe on to you guys! I take no credit whatsoever, this recipe is not mine!
- 9 ounces vanilla Greek yoghurt
- 8 strawberries
- Half a ripe banana
- 1 teaspoon mini chocolate chips
1. Place silicone baking cakes on top of a tray or small wooden cutting board.
2. Fill each of the cakes halfway with the yoghurt, using one six-ounce container.
3. Puree the strawberries and banana.
4. Add a small amount of the strawberry mixture to each cup so none of the yoghurt is showing.
5. Add a dollop of yoghurt to each cup using the remain ounces.
6. Sprinkle a few mini chocolate chips on top of each cake.
7. Gently place the tray in the freeze for at least an hour.
8. Remove from freezer and allow to thaw for around 10 minutes before eating,.
You can check out the original recipe here and it's even in an easy printable page for you!